From the 2012 bridal season chic, asymetrical styles are here to stay. For 2013 expect delicate floral straps and sexy sheer fabrics to be front and center.
For the top 5 Bridal trends expect to see the following:
1. Peplums - This little frill of fabric was first seen on the fashion runways earlier this year, and will be showing up in the bridal industry in all sorts of ways.
2. Cover-ups - The classic strapless A-Line bridal gown is gradually being pushed aside for cute capped sleeves and sheer necklines. In addition, shrugs, bridal coats and boleros are all soaring in popularity.
3. Modern Romance - Fabulously femine skirts in layers of chiffon or organza will be taking center stage for 2013.
4. Sheer Necklines - Refining the popular strapless A-Line gown by adding a glamorous sheer neckline instantly gives the dress a sophisticated edge. This trend was popular in 2012 and shows no sign of changing for 2013. In addition to this continuing trend the industry incorporates added embellishment for a more luxurious look.
5. Lace - Not a trend likely to go away in a hurry, lace is with us for at least the next 12 months. Expect fabric to be used sparingly on some gowns - restricted to a back panel, sleeves or neckline. For 2013 expect to see more genlty colored ivory or champagne laces, as well as vintage laces and heavier brocades.
I'm just a girl, mom and wife who loves everything about weddings. I hope to inspire you!